How to make your wordpress blog searchable in google
Once you are done with the setting up your new blog you always want to make your blog searchable in google.
To do this follow the below steps:
- Go to http://www.google.com/webmasters/
- Sign in using your google or gmail account
- Click on Add site button
- Enter your wordpress blog url
- Your wordpress website will show in webmaster tool dashboard with Verify this site as link.
- Click on Verify this site
- Look for “Add a meta tag to your site’s home page” options
- Get the meta tag content value
- Go to your wordpress dashboard
- Click tools
- Look for Webmaster tools verification section for Google Webmaster Tools
- Enter only the content key which you copy from step 8.
- Save Changes
- Go back to your google webmaster and click verify and you are all set with your blog searchable in google.